Sunday, July 5, 2015

Creme Deodorant


Many of you are under the spell of this hippie shit already, but those who are still on the fence: I urge you to read this interview with creator, Maren, It’s likely that after trying this product, you will become a follower soon. A variety of scents are available at the shop: Lavender, Lemony, Bergamot, and Yazmine Sage. Figuring out your fave is really like picking a favorite child: impossible.  
3706 E Anaheim Ave Long Beach, CA 90804.

Q: Where are you from? What are your hobbies? Do you create your beauty products full time?

A: I’m from Fountain Valley and I’m 35, a mom and a wife.  I enjoy thrifting with my teen daughter, Ruby, and cuddling up with my son Cruz to watch cartoons.  I don’t care for any popular “TV” shows; I’d rather listen to music.  I am a hair stylist and makeup artist first, and a natural beauty product developer second.

Q: How did you get in the pit business?

A: I actually was inspired to begin my natural product line by you!  Your article for Pastorale Magazine about deodorant spoke to me. The options, and whether we want to be stinky or slather cancer all over our pits.  After reading that, I was online reading everything I could about natural skincare, what folks were doing at home, and figuring out how I was going to incorporate that into my daily life.

Q: Do you have a personal favorite scent?

A: My favorite scent is Yazmine Sage.  It’s an acquired scent but after making batch after batch of Lemony and Lavender, something different is pretty welcoming.
Q: How do you come up with scents? Inspiration?

A: I typically begin developing scents around the antimicrobial essential oils first, and then adding secondary scents for a more aesthetic aroma.  Sometimes I get awesome suggestions from clients, which will inspire me to come up with something new and different. 
Q: Tell me about the ingredients you use.

A: I use organic pure essential oils, as well as organic coconut oil; however, the cornstarch and arrowroot powder is not confirmed to be organic.  I’ve found some great suppliers, most of which are in Oregon. My long-term goal is to connect with local growers and businesses to make my products in the future.

Q: Any special instructions?

A: I use my wooden spoon to scoop a ball about the size of a nickel and put one under each pit and put my arm down.  By the time I’ve applied to both underarms and screwed the lid back on, my body temperature has melted it and it creates a much smoother consistency for spreading with your fingers.  Also, should you have sensitive skin, applying Lemony on freshly shaved pits may cause a little burning from the natural citrus oils.  It doesn’t happen to everyone, just be cautious if you’re prone to sensitivity.

Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Any John Hughes film is a win (yeah, original, I know). Tank Girl is a cult classic for me as well as Rocky Horror.

Social Media:
Instagram & twitter: @gstyleanddesign

Facebook: @Marengalindostyle 

Edited by Toni Mathews ms.tonimathews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment