Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Inspiration Woman project


Q and A written by Sasha Gold

When Bri Seely, a talented fashion designer has a vision she goes for it full force. Although starting as a fashion designer she always felt she would do more than just that. She yearned to impact lives on a deeper level. Thus inspiring this new venture. What exactly is this new project she’s working on? It started as a series of 31 interviews with women on her fashion blog. She wanted to explore deeper of what it means to be a woman today. She had an epic epiphany and the project soon expanded into a 100-interview coffee table book. She says, “The project has become more about helping women realize their inspirational powers and celebrating their womanhood.” 

A few questions and answers with the lady of the hour, Bri Seely:

Q: How did you get to where you are standing here today?

A: I decided to start focusing more on my platform and using my mission to guide me. I've realized that fashion is just a sliver of my life. I have begun to expand into blogging and writing to share my story, in turn encouraging other women to do the same.

Q: When have you been most satisfied in your life?

A: I don't know if I'm ever fully satisfied as an entrepreneur. But I feel that is what drives me. I get done with a fashion show or a project, and immediately start to craft my ideas of how to do it better next time. It keeps me moving forward. I would say that my moments of deepest satisfaction are in the simplest times - enjoying a glass of wine with a loved one, reading a book, sipping an espresso, relaxing with my pets. It's in the moments that I'm able to step back and just be still.

Q: What’s your typical day like?

A: I don't really have a typical day! For example, yesterday I was in the design studio preparing three new garments to go on the runway. Today I am sitting on my couch answering emails and formatting the book. The best part about being an entrepreneur is that I get that flexibility to decide what my life looks like.

Q: Who is your role model, inspiration, idol and why?

A: On a micro level, my role models are my mama and grandma. These two women have such an unbelievable amount of selfless strength. And on a macro level, my role models are women that get up and kick ass every day. It can be SO difficult to stay self-motivated, but I have found that connecting with other women who face similar struggles and keep going despite obstacles - these are the women that I look up to.

Q: What's your superpower?

A: My super power is my voice. I have a very genuine and honest way of speaking with people - no sugar coating and no fluff. I speak from my heart and share my story / thoughts / beliefs in a relatable way in hopes that it encourages others to do the same.

Q: What is your fashion esthetic?

A: My personal fashion aesthetic is very simple and minimalistic. On a normal day I am so focused on my productivity that I dress very casual. When I have to attend an event, I stick to the luxury femininity represented in my fashion brand (I'm usually wearing one of my designs in this instance). I love being a woman and want that to be reflected in my dress without having to explain it. I use a lot of natural waistlines, flowing fabrics, soft gathers, and juxtapose sheer with opaque. 

Bri is very passionate about sharing her story, and the stories of fellow women. Which revealed to her a disheartening trend that she is dedicated to change, she has recognized how women search outside of themselves for happiness and validation. What makes women conform to external pressures, especially in the world of fashion and beauty, of where their place should or shouldn’t be in our society. 







No comments:

Post a Comment